Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week in Review

Last week was a big week on several fronts. First and foremost, on Tuesday we had our first OB doctor's visit and we got a chance to hear Lloyd's heart beat for the first time. Yay! It was so fast and brought into question exactly what species I was carrying in there ;-) I was so relieved to hear that little lub-lub and it really did cement that this was in fact happening and there is a little person growing inside me at this very momment.

Then, right on queue, I started showing. We both really noticed the change on Wednesday night. I'm far from huge or anything, but I can no longer suck in my tummy and except for the normal layer of padding that's always there, my stomach has a firmness to it now.

On Thursday, not only was it Brad's 35th birthday (wow!), but his folks flew into town that night for a long weekend. We had a really yummy sushi dinner at a fairly new local sushi bar then picked them up at the airport around 9:00. The next few days were a whirlwind of building up dressers and shelves to help us stretch the usefulness of our condo for the baby as well as gathering other things to keep us organized. We're still in the process of moving everything into their new homes, but I'll be sure to post photos of everything once its all shipshape. I'm really excited to continue to get things organized and cleaned out, so that the next few months I can just concentrate on making things...because there are a lot of things on that list!

No comments: