Thursday, November 19, 2009

Overdue Randomness for a Thursday

1. I've had a few updates rambling around in my head for the last week or two. I need to get better at just sitting down and writing one or two line posts.
2. Elliott and I went resale shop trolling last week and we scored some great deals in the toy department. We were able to pick up a like-new standing play table for $25 (regularly $43) (see last week's Elliott photo) and a push and ride fire engine for $10 (regularly $35).
3. What we didn't have luck finding was fleece jammies. Apparently I should have been shopping for these over the summer when that was all there was.
4. I ended up finding one store that carried them, but the prices were so high ($5 for extremely worn and almost used up jammies), that we ended up buying a few new pairs at Target for $8/each.
5. Almost overnight, Elliott's gone from waking up three (!!!) times a night to once. Apparently I was right about him getting too cold in his regular cotton jammies.
6. He looks heartbreakingly cute in fleece jammies.
7. We discovered a new tooth the other night...but its not where you would expect it to be!
8. Instead of sprouting one of his two top front teeth, it looks like he's skipping to an eye tooth next door. That, or Elliott's going to have teeth like sloth. ;)
9. Elliott's saying 'dada' and 'mamamama' pretty regularly. He also says 'nennie' - often times when he hears Jenny barking in another room.
10. I don't really believe that we've heard his first word, but when he woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago, he said 'nennie' when he saw Jenny come out from under the covers. I said 'yes, that's Jenny'. Then he looked at me and said 'mamamama' and I said 'yes, I'm mama.' Coincidence? You decide ;)

No comments: