Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Sunday

This year we tried to squeeze as much Easter celebrating into one day as possible. Easter marked the end of Brad's Spring Break and my vacation from work. Because it had been a pretty busy week beforehand, we ended up doing all the fun Easter activities on Easter Sunday.

Elliott and I got up early and dyed Easter eggs. This was Elliott's first time dying eggs and I'm sure it won't be his last. We both had a lot of fun, but it definitely helped to 'let go' a bit and not worry if fingers ended up in the dye or eggs ended up a swirl of mismatched colors.


I love Elliott's "Look What I Did!" face


The fruits of our labor

Elliott also hunted for eggs in grandma's garden and found a little clown friend.


Talk about a great place to look for Easter eggs!

Easter also meant the opportunity for a couple 'treats'. Since Ellliott is still not a candy eater, I opted to swap the obligatory Easter basket for a new backpack. This is a project I've had in the works for many months, but it serving as Elliott's Easter basket gave me the motivation to get it done. In his backpack was a new drawing notebook, new toothbrushes, a drum and maraca set, and a pencil roll with color pencils.

The little pencil roll was made with things from my stash, including the piece
of Winnie the Pooh canvas my dad 'recovered' for me many years ago.


Here is the backpack in action!

The Backpack

We also headed to Meagan's folks' place for Easter brunch where we ate lots of good food and the sangria was delicious :) Elliott was also spoiled by Meagan's family with some fun little toys and treats. He seemed to have a great time hanging out, playing with new toys and eating grapes :)

All in all, a great day spent with family. Hope your Easter was wonderful as well!

3 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

Hi Elliott, it looks like you had so much fun on easter. I hope to see you soon. Love Aunt Karen

Suz said...

The backpack looks absolutely adorable on Elliott!

Krista said...

Wait! You made that backpack? I wanted to make one for Matias at one point, but you can't get the fabrics and notions necessary for it here in France, so I gave up on the idea. Yours is great!