Friday, March 1, 2013

Fabric Challenge

I recently participated in a fabric challenge as part of the Modern Quilt Guild.  We had to use a particular fabric line (Madrona Road - one that I happened to love!), some of which the fabric company donated, as well as solids. Our San Diego sub-chapter added an additional criteria that it needed to be a quilt or pillow using a technique that was new to us. 

The submissions were due by the end of January in order to be considered for display in the Michael Miller sponsor booth at QuiltCon (more on this later). The fabric designer, Violet Craft, was also supposed to select her favorite (she ended up picking two favorites). While I didn't get selected as a finalist in either category. I just found out that my submission was one of the designer's top 10 picks! (This was out of more than 250 submissions. The submission pool can be seen here.) She featured her favorites, as well as mine, on her blog yesterday here.

This was my submission (click through to read the details):

Sweet Dreams - 10X35

No comments: