Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Brief Photo Update

I've been meaning to post these photos for some time, but one thing that I've learned since being on bed rest is that everything takes longer to do. Not that I haven't had the most awesomest of care-takers ever, but its just that the little things get pushed to the side. I find this especially true when I need to ask other people for stuff. Is it absolutely necessary that I get my camera battery out of the charger this instant? No. Is it absolutely necessary that I get my wallet from my purse so that I can complete an online purchase right this second? No. So some things just go a little longer.

However, the camera battery is officially back in my camera and the camera cable has been plugged into the laptop long enough for me to get these off...we won't discuss how long it may take for me to get the photos I took at the hospital off my cell phone ;)

First up, I wanted to share what my constant bed rest companion looks like. This:

Or this:
The big red thing on the right is my belly - hee, hee

Needless to say Jenny is completely in love with my body pillow. I also feel that she could totally be a certified therapy dog. Not as they usually come, but specifically for bed rest recovery. She's nursed my grandma through a bought of stress fractures and she had previously nursed me through a couple wicked colds. But she has officially earned her place in doggy fame since I've been home from the hospital. She is next to me all day every day. There may be brief respites to eat, drink, potty and scratch her back under the Christmas tree, but otherwise, she is right there next to me...as she is as I write this. I really can't thank her enough...except when she steals my body pillow before I get to it!

I also sneaked a little belly progress photo the other day, just about at the 32 week mark. I figured this wasn't cheating since I was on my way to one of my sanctioned bathroom breaks and I took the photo in the bathroom mirror.


I feel way bigger than I probably look to most moms who've been through it all already, but since I haven't felt what its like to be 'really big' yet...this feels big. I also know he has about double his body weight to gain in the next 7 weeks, so I know I've got tons more growing to do.

That leads me to another point. As he's gotten bigger, his movements have obviously gotten stronger. They are still more cute than uncomfortable, but he's given me a couple good ones now that have actually hurt. (He of course loves to kick under my right lower rib that has been sore for most of the pregnancy.) We can also see a lot more movement through my tummy. I'm anxious to get some of it on video. So hopefully I will have a video to share in the near future.

No comments: