Thursday, December 11, 2008

Things are good!

We went to the doctors yesterday and it looks like being off my feet is doing what it is supposed to do! My OB said that I was less effaced than before, which means that my cervix isn't as thin as it was. This doesn't mean I can go back to normal activity. She said he is still really low and putting a lot of pressure on my cervix. But at least it means that what I'm doing is having a positive affect.

The plan now is to have me officially on full bedrest and on my nifedapine until 35 weeks. She said then, she'll take me off the meds and that I can go about my normal activities. However, this means that I could go into labor at any point. So Brad's and my plan is for me to stay on bedrest for a few more weeks after that. We want this little boy full term if we can do anything about it! And really what's a few more weeks at that point anyway! But I won't deny I have fantasies about being able to go get the mail or go to the grocery store again! ;)

The other good news is that I'm having very few contractions now and I haven't had to use the terbutaline at all since I've been home. Each day is better than the previous day and as long as I stay hydrated and go to the bathroom often, I don't have any contractions at all! Plus, like at the hospital, I'm getting a little routine down and it almost doesn't seem like I don't leave the house. Although, going out for the appointment yesterday was really nice! We may have even stopped for frozen yogurt on the way home to make the most of it. Don't worry I stayed reclined in the car while Brad got them!

No comments: