Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy (belated) Halloween!

Since we don't get any trick-or-treaters at our place and Elliott's a little too young for that himself, we celebrated Halloween this year on Friday. My office loves Halloween. Its been a tradition for as long as I've been there to dress up and over the years we've even added on a costume contest. The office was a bit smaller this year, but we still had a good group who dressed up.

Behind left to right: Octamom, Flapper, The Dude, Lady Gaga, Bowler, Vampira, Hippie, Mail Lady, Fortune Teller, Zombie Prom Queen and a California Raisin
In front: Bear Cub Zookeeper and a Gangster Leprechaun (whatever that is, Kanji!).
(The only one missing from this photo was Michael Turko)


Elliott joined me at lunch time for our potluck as a bear cub! In fact, my job as a zookeeper for the San Diego Zoo is to raise the orphaned bear cubs and teach them how to be bears...its pretty hazardous work!


I'm a big fan of found item costumes and with the exception of the bandages and band-aids, both of our costumes were made from stuff around the house. If you are interested, you can read more about what I did on the craft blog.


Needless to say, we had a lot of fun and we still managed to get some work done! And best part? Meagan and I both won the costume contest! She got the ribbon for scariest costume and I got the most original prize.

I've never won before, so I was really surprised! Although, Brad assures me that it was because my costume was in fact 'really good this year'! Ha! Hey I've got to hand it to him. I was just going to be a mauled bear zookeeper. He had the idea of making me the bear cub surrogate!

Anyway, hope you all had a fun Halloween. And if you didn't dress up this year, there's always next year!

No comments: