Friday, December 11, 2009

10 down, 2 to go!

I thought I'd simply share a few of the 'new' things that Elliott has been doing this month.

1. He started sharing. There are a few favorite toys that he'll carry around and after a while, he'll hold it out for you to have...but he wants it right back. ;)
2. Speaking of favorite toys - right now it has to be, hands down, Jenny's glow in the dark dog bone. (I washed it...not that it still doesn't end up in the dogs mouth now and then, but at least it doesn't 'look' dirty.) He will crawl that bone all over the house. Sometimes you can even hear him coming as the bone squeaks with each stride.
3. He has also learned how to turn the pages in his books. If he's not already ready for it, if I ask him "will you turn the page?", 9 times out of 10, he will. I do have to get the page ready first...or else he just closes the book.
4. He went from two teeth with nothing else in site, to cutting all four top teeth at once. They are all in various stages of immersion, but the only way he will let you see them is if you hold him upside down.
5. He is perfecting his standing. Mostly this happens when he is doing something else and not thinking about what his body is doing. This is leading us to believe that he could probably walk now too, but he just doesn't know he can or thought to try.
6. He is "talking" a lot. He carries on conversations with us, with himself, and with his toys. He's even started saying certain "phrases" in common situations. He says something that kind of sounds like "i gots, i gots" when he's roaming the house and finds a toy. He stands up, pats the toy with one hand and says "i gots, i gots", which is a pretty funny coincidence if you ask me.
7. He thinks shaking our hair is really funny right now...especially while we are saying 'gesundheit'.
8. He apparently likes getting mucky:



Just before I took this photo he was wringing his hands together
like he was conceiving a diabolical plan

No comments: