Sickness infected out humble abode last week. Brad got sick last Thursday and I came down with it promptly after work on Friday (nice timing, right?). It was rough with both of us sick at the same time, but we are well on our way to being healthy again.
Me 52.27: Sickness
Fortunately (this round), Elliott didn't get sick. I kept thinking 'how strange' because its not exactly like we could keep him away from us. I still had to nurse him and we both had to carry him. We had to fix his food and change his diapers. But despite continued face-to-face contact he didn't get sick. Then I saw a news report about how this year's H1N1 was particularly mild and people were actually throwing swine flu parties to self-immunize themselves against it...when I realized that's what we had. I know its just a flu, but it just sounds so gross. Anyway - oink, oink!!
Elliott 52.27: Blurry but cute
I also really thought I wouldn't be able to take my Photo Project photos this week (since I usually take them over the weekend). But luckily by Sunday, I was feeling a lot better despite still having serious head cold symptoms (think really, really bad allergy attack). I also took Monday off from work and am glad I did because today I feel close to 95%. A couple more cups of honey and lemon today should do the trick! Thanks again Shan for the perfect cold remedy!
Other 52.27: Favorite sick remedy
P.S. I may have a second favorite cold remedy now as well! Thanks to a very opportune email forwarded from Brad's Aunt Carol, we've been virtually cough-free the last few nights with no medication! The trick? Vicks Vapor Rub on your feet. Basically put a decent amount on the entire bottom of your feet and then put on a pair of socks. You end up getting the benefit of the vapor rub without the smell...although a certain little doggie in our house is NOT happy about this treatment. She won't go under the covers AT ALL! For those of you who know Jenny, you know this is a serious distaste for Vicks.



No comments:
Post a Comment