Elliott feeding himself is one of those things I look forward to...but not so much in the training department. We did buy a big plastic coated table cloth to put under his highchair (since our dining room is carpeted - gross!), but we still haven't really given him a full bowl of food to practice his spoon skills with.
Maybe one of these days Momma and Daddy will be up for it ;) For now, practice with a fairly empty bowl and spoon will have to do!
3 comments:
It totally sounds like Elliott was dubbed in French. I distinctly heard, "Où il est" at one point when he showed th empty bowl. There was another thing, too, but I forget what now.
I recommend you stick his chair out on the patio when it's nice out, let him have at it, and then hose everything off (or douse it with water if you don't have a hose). Better yet - let him learn at his grandparents' house!
Krista's idea sounds pretty good!
Elliott is getting a better idea each time as to what to do with the spoon and food. He will handle this very well, by example and perseverance. One of these first days, it will be a non-issue. I'll have him over to "practice" anytime. Grandma Lori
Post a Comment