The show was one of the best performances both Brad and I have ever seen. They are beyond gifted and the ease at which they perform moving and powerful songs continues to amaze me. The setting, the Hollywood Bowl, was surreal and the vibe of the crowd was unprecedented. I've never been to a show when the majority of the audience was seated by the time the first opening band was done. Now in all fairness, it was a pretty special show highlighting male/female songwriting duos and featured The Bird and The Bee, She and Him, and of course, The Swell Season. All three groups had stellar performances and it was so much fun to bring in our 'picnic' dinner. And one of the best parts? We got to go with our good friends, Shan* and Brian.
(photo stolen from Shan)
The next day, I got up and headed back over to their place to spend a bit more time with one of my favorite little munchkins, Lucy, before we heading back to San Diego. As always, Lucy was bright and happy and such a joy to be around.

After we checked out of our hotel (which was far from the 4-star rating it was billed at), we had brunch at The Kettle in Manhattan Beach.

Their Oeuf Pain Perdu is my favorite and I get it every time we go there.

We sat out on the patio and enjoyed the beach city...although is was a little chilly out there.

By the time we got back to my parents house, we were greeted by Home Depot's newest representative of the garden department...

...or was it the plumbing department?

Elliott had a lot of fun on his trips to CostCo and Home Depot, slept really well, and I do believe he will be ready for another visit to grandma and grandpa's house soon!
*By the way, I love visiting L.A. with Shan. Despite growing up in L.A., I don't really know the city at all. She knows it so well and I've seen some of the best places in L.A. since she's been showing me around. I can kinda see why people like living there now ;)

2 comments:
Ha! Well, I'm happy to be a goodwill ambassador for LA. It gets such a bad rap a lot of the time, but there are some really great things about it, too. :) Come visit ANYTIME!!
That was such a great evening- for many reasons. :)
ps: I love this pic of us.
A grand time was definitely had by all.
Elliott was a delight and we never stopped smiling and being amazed by that little guy.
I think you two should get away by yourselves more often. ha ha ha. Grandma Lori
Post a Comment