Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we made our way out to Bates Nut Farm to see their infamous pumpkin patch. So, I knew it was going to be kind of a 'thing', but I had NO IDEA the scale these people operate at! The description on their website does not do it justice.

First stop was at the field of monster pumpkins.

These were very impressive...but the dead vines on the ground where a bit troublesome for little legs.

And of course nothing was more exciting that the wheelbarrows! After all they have a wheel!

We also did a little shopping in the jack-o-lantern patch.

But there were a lot of pumpkins...and people...and it was hot...which meant we needed to take a thumb break ;)

After lunch we went on a tractor-pulled hay ride.

Elliott was very impressed with the Tractor.

And we all had fun :)

And this was literally 3 minutes after we got on the road to head home. Ha! Plumb tuckered I say!

And Dad? I took this one just for you. ;)

2 comments:

Lori Knepp said...

Great pictures. A good time was had by all!!

Shan said...

Aw, looks like so much fun!!