Friday, July 25, 2008

Inaugural Post

After more than 10 years of marriage, we finally decided to take the plunge and start our family. We are super excited and are really looking forward to everything that is to come...except maybe the diaper changing part.

I'm currently starting my 11 week and have more or less just finished telling everyone about the pregnancy. Things are going well and most of the uncomfortable early-pregnancy symptoms have mellowed out now. We are scheduled for another OB visit in a couple weeks where hopefully we will be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time.

Oh, and I suppose I should explain the baby name in the countdown widget to the right. If we have a boy, Lloyd will most likely be the baby's middle name. Its Brad's grandpa's name and his middle name, too, so we'd like to keep it in the family. My friend Shannon subsequently dubbed this little baby I'm carrying "Lloyd", and honestly I'd much rather use a name to associate with this little guy rather than just calling it "it" or "the baby" all the time...or at least until we can pick "its" real name.

I suppose that's all for now. I had to start someplace and this is as good a place as any.

No comments: