Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Public Knowledge

Last week we officially started telling people about the pregnancy. It was a lot of fun to share our news with people we see every day and people we haven't talked to in ages. It was especially great to hear from so many old friends. I think my favorite response was from our friend Mimi who said, "You can now join the club of sleepless nights...You've had entirely too much sleep over the past 10 years!" Too funny. True, but funny none the less. :-)

I told everyone at work last Wednesday and my email inbox was flooded with emails within a couple minutes of sending out my firm-wide announcement. But, it is now pretty much back to normal...although I did answer the question "Have you had any morning sickness?" about 6 times yesterday!

One thing I didn't expect was a growing uncertainty that everything was progressing normally. It's particularly hard right now because except for being a little tired, I pretty much feel back to normal. And now that everything is public knowledge, a little paranoia set in. So much so, that I even looked up more information about miscarriage on babycenter. Fortunately, the information I found was more reassuring than scary. They basically said that if you are asymptomatic, which is the case with me, and you were able to see the heartbeat on a sonogram at 9 weeks, the chance of anything happening at this point is very, very slim. Yay! So, now I just need to be patient and know that this baby is growing as fast as it can and soon I will KNOW Lloyd's in there. (In fact, I probably should enjoy it now, while I can still sleep on my stomach if I want to!)

Speaking of 9th week sonograms, here's Lloyd's:

No comments: