Sunday, August 3, 2008

11th Anniversary Weekend

This weekend we celebrated our 11th anniversary! I talked about about it here, but I thought I would talk here about what we actually ended up doing! We got up bright and early on Saturday, fixed breakfast, then headed over to the San Diego zoo. Since it was earlier than when we normally go, we got a chance to see some things we normal don't. Most of the big cats were out, including the huge jaguar as well as most of the bears. We got a peak at the new tiger cubs, too. We also walked a lot more of the zoo...almost the whole thing. By the time we were done and had lunch, I was exhausted.

(Brown Bear enjoying a dip in his pool)

This was compounded by the horrible night sleep both of us had the night before (although, I have a sneaky suspicion that I was responsible for Brad's sleep issues that night). I was tossing and turning after continually awaking from very vivid dreams. Besides 3 trips to the bathroom, I finally had to get up and eat some cereal because soon I was too hungry to go back to sleep. That helped a lot and I finally got some rest, but I was still awake by 7:00, only to find Brad was already up.

(View of the sky from under our tree at the park)

Today, our anniversary, we headed to the park - of course! It was a perfect park day and the soccer people who had taken over our little nook of the park were finally gone, so it was back to normal. Yay! We also went out to eat tonight at Toro and I was able to fake my sushi craving with a couple rolls that don't have raw fish in them. After that we headed to Maggie Moo's for an ice cream splurge. We've got a movie to watch now which should round out the night quite nicely :-)

All in all, it was a lovely anniversary weekend and we were fortunate to have been able to spend the whole weekend together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get used to those weird, vivid dreams. They may be here to stay awhile. I remember those.

Krista

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that I look more pregnant than you do. With your first you often won't show till the third month. Funny how well after giving birth to the third I am still "showing". It is kind of cool to watch the changes to body your body when your actually pregnant. Not so much when the changes stick around.

Oh and I get the feeling you are going to be one of those women who look pretty when pregnant. Pregnancy tends to flatter women with long torsos. I just looked hugh with my short torso. It seems to sit better on a long one.

Krista

Krista

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! :) xo-S.