We went to our OB check-up visit yesterday. It was pretty routine: weight (I'm now up 13 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight - which I was surprised about - I thought for sure I would have gained more than the 5 per month I'd been averaging), blood pressure, heartbeat, and tummy size checks. Everything was normal. And the doctor was the most pleasant she's ever been, which was an even more pleasant surprise for me. She also referred us for a follow-up ultrasound sometime within the next 2-4 weeks to check how Lloyd's kidneys are doing.
I also got the pleasure of taking my 1 hour glucose tollerance test yesterday. Yum! I had to fast for 2 hours before, then drink an orange bottle of glucose. They then took my blood an hour later. I've been crashing lately, which hasn't really happened much for the last few years since my metabolism slowed down. But now that Lloyd is bigger, I think he is stealing some of those energy reserves and I've had a couple low blood sugar freak-outs and crashes lately. I was afraid I might get a bit 'crashy' during the test but I was fine and Lloyd seemed to really like the sugar rush after I drank the glucose drink. I'm assuming unless the test comes back abnormal, they will just go over the results at next month's appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment