Thursday, November 20, 2008

So this week had to get better, right? Well, I guess it did. I still have a job (right now).I still have 80% of my income. I now have every Monday off. It appears I still qualify for my maternity benefits in January. I still work with 75% of my co-workers. Baby health insurance costs only $300 per month (by adding the 'only' I'm trying to make this a positive statement...which is really hard to do). We only had one small earthquake this morning.

And in the true nature of cosmic balance, for every blow I've received this week, Brad's received a boost. He received some amazing news this week and one of his lifelong dreams is now very much within reach. There are still hoops to jump but he is so close now!

And in the grand scheme of things: we have our health, we have a roof over our heads, we can still pay our bills, and we are expecting the amazing gift of our son in February. We will be fine.

And for another positive...it was 85 degrees last Sunday! Which means we could sit in the shade in our short sleeve t-shirts in the middle of November. Living in San Diego has its privileges.


Here's a progress shot at 27 weeks:


And here's a shot of my favorite 'maternity' t-shirt. Its super nerdy and totally not about being pregnant, but it sure does work...



So the positive thoughts will continue to flow and will be flowing out to all of you. This is a hard time for so many people, but we will all get through it and things will get better.

No comments: