Sunday, November 2, 2008

This Weekend in Pictures

Since Friday was Halloween, I thought I'd start the weekend there. Even though I worked Friday, my office had a good Halloween turnout both in costumes and with food, so I'm glad I had made the schedule change so I could work that day. I was Mother Earth, transforming last year's toga with some brown and green tulle and some flower garland from the dollar:


Saturday afternoon we went to a Jack and Jill baby shower for a co-worker and his wife. Since the guys were there, one of the activities was a beer drinking contest...out of baby bottles...


Lloyd, don't worry no beer will be in your bottles!

Sunday was somewhat rainy and overcast, so we made it an early walk and 'park in the car' day. When we got to the end of the Balboa Park promenade, we discovered a new art installation called Cool Globes. Each of the many globes were focused on a different effort to live more environmentally responsible.


This particular globe was covered with a knit rope sweater and was about the small things we can do to save heating and cooling expenses...like putting on a sweater instead of instantly turning up the thermostat.


I thought the globes also served as a nice background for a belly update photo:

25 weeks

Well that's it for us, we are trying to adapt to the time change and going to have a dinner of chicken enchilada casserole. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

No comments: