Thursday, January 29, 2009

38 weeks!

Wow - that week went fast! Considering it was one of the more crucial weeks...we are after all trying to get to Saturday (the shower) without a baby ;-) It was also my first week off bedrest, so I was really interested to see how the increased activity would shake things up!

Unfortunately, I didn't see my regular doctor this week, so I really have no idea how things went. The nurse practitioner said that she thought I was 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced and at -2 station (which means he's farther up...and thus farther away from delivery time) - literally one step forward, 2 steps back! But then, its all so subjective, since its done by touch and not with any regulated measuring tool. I'll have a better idea when I go back to my regular doctor next week.

38 weeks

So how did things change? Well, I started driving again...which was crazy to think that it had been almost exactly 2 months since the last time I drove. Its a little challenging to get in and out of my car, but believe it or not, its actually easier to drive the Miata than the Rabbit since I'm more reclined. I also ran a couple errands this week as well as drove myself to the doctors office on Tuesday. I still don't do too much while I'm out, but its nice to have that freedom again.

I've also been able to help out a bit around the house. I've fixed the occational meal (usually just heating something up), unloaded the dishwasher and even straightened up a bit. Brad's still doing all the heavy lifting, but its nice that I can at least contribute again!

My mom also took me to Babies R Us on Saturday where we were able to pick up a couple of the essentials - he now has a place to sleep (thanks Mary!) and he got some wheels (thanks mom!). We also made it to a yarn shop in LaMesa so that I could pick up some yarn to start a new project as well as a nice Indian lunch! It was so much fun to be out and about!

On the crafting front, I have been making some really fun knitting progress lately. While not all of these things took place last week, I have finished up a new sweater for me, a couple accessories and some new baby knits.

I don't have much on the books for the next couple days, which is nice and means that I'll be all rested up and ready for the shower on Saturday! I can hardly wait!

No comments: