Two more milestone completed: no more drugs and we've reached 35 weeks! Yesterday was my first day off my round-the-clock dosages of nifedapine. I'd like to say it was completely smooth sailing, but that would be fibbing.
What I have discovered is that between pregnancy hormones and the emotional vulnerabilities of bedrest, I have become extremely sensitive to outside comments. I am religiously practicing my pre-term labor hypnotherapy track, I am making plans for things based on a February birth, and I am trying to stay positive. Unfortunately, the new mistrust I have in my body (because of all of this) leaves me open to accepting thoughts that fall in the "realistic" vs. "positive" camp. This then opens the door for misjudging every little ache and pain...and practice contraction. And pretty soon its snowballs into "maybe I really did NEEDED those drugs", "maybe labor really is eminant", "what if this is labor NOW?"
So yeah, yesterday saw some snowballing...especially when I couldn't decide if I needed food or I was in labor at 3:00 am last night. The next thing I knew I was in full blown panic mode. Thankfully, Brad was able to "talk me down". He fed me, talked to me and got me right sided again. This morning, while tired, I felt a lot better. I also decided that there are a few things that are 100% fact at this point:
1. I never needed those drugs.
2. I will be pregnant all of January.
3. This baby will be born in February...February 10th if my brain ends up being right (my brain jumped right to this date during a hypnotherapy session I had the day I left the hospital).
4. Drinking water, eating regularly, using the bathroom regularly and staying relaxed are all I have to do to make this happen.
So there. Call me dilusional, call me unrealistic, call me whatever, but these are the things I need to believe right now if I'm going to do this successfuly.
To celebrate the next chapter of the rest of my pregnancy, Brad took a current photo of me today:
I'm still slightly shocked that we were not only able to take a photo, but I actually got it off my camera on the same day! I guess all this organization and 'keeping things handy' stuff really is working!

No comments:
Post a Comment