He is so close to walking now. He has been making some tentative steps usually between objects that are close together and sometimes he even walks across his crib. He is getting the hang of walking by pushing things around on the floor, including an upturned side table at my parents' house and his push-firetruck. He is standing more and more on his own, but it still seems like he doesn't think he can do it yet...which he can! Another interesting 'standing' activity that is new this month is dancing and jumping while standing. He will be holding onto something, but when he is excited, he will either dance or jump in place. Elliott thoroughly entertained us at Christmas with his new dancing moves.
He is talking more and more as well. There is almost always a constant stream of 'words' coming out of his mouth, especially while he is playing. My favorite by far is his latest: 'go go go go go'. It cracks me up every time and I'm still shocked I was actually able to capture him doing it on video.
He's also been experimenting with his voice more. We keep saying that we are living with a Gremlin. He lowers his voice and says 'gyam gyam gyam gyam' or just makes the most annoying sound in the world...which is a pretty funny turn of events considering how he wasn't a big fan of that particular noise earlier in life. (Can you tell he loves 'g' sounds?)
He has also trading in the glow in the dark dog bone for anything with wheels. He loves to tip over his push-firetruck and play with the wheels. He inspects them very carefully and is trying to figure them out. He's also discovered the wheels on the bottom of the crib and under the bed. Anything with wheels gets a good looking over, including the parked stroller above. He is also playing with us more. He likes to be chased and he loves it when you let him crawl across the bed to almost the edge and then pull him back by his legs. This causes fits of giggles and squeals.
This month also brought him more experiences as a 'big boy' not only is he eating way more foods than before (everything 3 days he is trying something new), but he is riding in shopping carts and sitting in highchairs at restaurants - which he loves!
I also made an unexpected discovery while at the pet store the other day...Elliott LOVES fish. It was one of those days that didn't really have an agenda and I wasn't ready to head home yet, so I thought - hey, I'll walk him past the fish. He was so amazed! He watched them swim and looked at all the different kinds. The hardest part was keeping him from climbing out of the cart so he could see them better!

In other random news for this month Elliott officially turned into a thumb sucker. He had sucked his thumb occationally in the past, but never with any intent. More like - oh this is my thumb, what does it taste like? Now it is frequent and with purpose often after he eats while he is waiting to get down or before sleeping. I have mixed feelings about this, but I'm not concerned about a childhood-long habit at the moment, so really there is nothing to worry about. In fact, it is really quite cute :)
Elliott also had his first cold. He's almost finished with it and it has not been pleasant. During the day its fine, but the running nose at night and while he is trying to sleep has not been fine. We've had several really bad nights where nothing we do can calm him down...which is not like him at all. We finally realized that he didn't really need anything, he just wanted to be comforted. I found just holding him on my chest while laying in bed did the trick and before you knew it, he was asleep. Now that he has been feeling better, night time is pretty much back to normal - thank goodness!
Obviously next month's wrap up will be a big one and I am still in shock that he will be a year old already. But then I look back at his photos from less than 6 months ago and it is amazing to see how much he has changed!
This month also brought him more experiences as a 'big boy' not only is he eating way more foods than before (everything 3 days he is trying something new), but he is riding in shopping carts and sitting in highchairs at restaurants - which he loves!
I also made an unexpected discovery while at the pet store the other day...Elliott LOVES fish. It was one of those days that didn't really have an agenda and I wasn't ready to head home yet, so I thought - hey, I'll walk him past the fish. He was so amazed! He watched them swim and looked at all the different kinds. The hardest part was keeping him from climbing out of the cart so he could see them better!
In other random news for this month Elliott officially turned into a thumb sucker. He had sucked his thumb occationally in the past, but never with any intent. More like - oh this is my thumb, what does it taste like? Now it is frequent and with purpose often after he eats while he is waiting to get down or before sleeping. I have mixed feelings about this, but I'm not concerned about a childhood-long habit at the moment, so really there is nothing to worry about. In fact, it is really quite cute :)
Elliott also had his first cold. He's almost finished with it and it has not been pleasant. During the day its fine, but the running nose at night and while he is trying to sleep has not been fine. We've had several really bad nights where nothing we do can calm him down...which is not like him at all. We finally realized that he didn't really need anything, he just wanted to be comforted. I found just holding him on my chest while laying in bed did the trick and before you knew it, he was asleep. Now that he has been feeling better, night time is pretty much back to normal - thank goodness!
Obviously next month's wrap up will be a big one and I am still in shock that he will be a year old already. But then I look back at his photos from less than 6 months ago and it is amazing to see how much he has changed!
No comments:
Post a Comment