Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Speaking of Being a Big Boy

I am still in awe when I see my little baby at the playground. He is getting so independent and can do so many things on his own now. Sometimes I am amazed.

First up is the swing. Now, I know a lot of kids love to swing from an early age, so this isn't really a 'big boy' thing. But he has gotten over his fear of the swing, which I think is a great accomplishment. I never understood this fear anyway, since he loves going fast. So imagine my surprise when I drove up to the park the other day to find (to my amazement) Elliott in the swing enjoying himself.



Now Elliott going down the slide on his own IS a big boy thing :) He can go up the steps, go over to the edge of the slide, (usually) sit down and slide down. Even when it isn't so smooth, he takes it all in stride and is ready for another go! However, in this clip, Mama and Daddy are clearly trying to convince him that it is best to go down the slide on his bum...

1 comment:

Lori Knepp said...

Oh, such fun. I know he loves going forward in the swing - the faster the better - but he is still getting used to the backward movement - new thing. He is also a bit distracted because he is trying to figure out how it all works. Conquering the slippery slide is quite a feat. How cute is he in his sweater! What a Big Boy, indeed!
Loving Grandma L.