Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday Contest Quilt

I wanted to share the end product of Elliott's Birthday Contest. I was able to finish up the quilt by the beginning of April...despite needing to learn a new technique and my sewing machine going to the shop for some emergency surgery.

Birthday Quilt - Recipient

Despite beginning this quilt not knowing who the recipient was going to be, I really do feel like I made this just for my Aunt Karen. Once I knew she was the winner, I always thought about her while I worked on it, and it just seems to fit her so well. I'm so glad she will get to enjoy it and it was such a fun project! If you are interested in more details about the quilt and some more pictures, head on over to the craft blog to check out the full project recap post here.

So a big Thank You again to all those who played along, thanks to Karen for winning :), and thanks to Elliott for having a birthday that gave me an excuse to make a quilt!

4 comments:

Shan said...

Okay, so I already gushed over your quilt at our other home. ;) The only thing I have left to say is- Lucky Aunt Karen! :)

Kezdamma said...

Congratulations Aunt Karen! The quilt is beautiful.... Now, since I did not win the quilt, I'll just take what's wrapped in it! :)

Lori Knepp said...

The quilt is gorgeous, the child inside is awesome and Aunt Karen looks like a happy winner, all the way around. Since I didn't win the quilt myself, I am pleased it went to Karen. It is perfect! Congratulations to Jenifer for making such a beautiful quilt and to Karen for being the lucky winner.

Karen said...

I feel so lucky that Elliott picked my name out of the many entrants. The quilt is so beautiful, I will always cherish it. Thanks Elliott and Jenifer. Your Aunt Karen