Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday

So today is my birthday...it was nice and quiet. We got to spend some time with the family on Saturday and we went to "car and truck day" at Gymboree this morning before lunch, the grocery store, a much needed nap, and a quick trip for my free-birthday hot chocolate at Starbucks this evening.

365.29 - A Wee Celebration

Birthdays are a little uncomfortable for me. There's something about the spotlight that makes me not want to deal with it. But then at the same time, I feel I should take the opportunity to make something about just 'me'. I think this year was especially this way, because so much of my life is about other people right now. Its not about me and now, but about us and the future. I'm fine with this, but I'm also feeling like I've been getting a little lost in the shuffle.

Along those lines, I've also been meaning to mention that I started a new photo project at the beginning of the year. Its a daily self portrait and I'm hoping that it will help me to focus at least a little bit of each day on myself. I'm not going to post all my pictures here, because it would just be a bit too much. However, the group is available here and through the Flickr Photostream link at the right if anyone is interested.

Thank you for all my happy birthday wishes and here's to another year! Wow - 36, really?

3 comments:

Max said...

Happy Birthday! Each year gets better and better. I love the self portrait idea. I have been feeling the same way about needing some more self focus so I am doing something for myself every month this year. :)

Aunt Karen said...

Happy Birthday Jenifer, hope you have a wonderful 36th year. Somehow with little ones, they do become the focus. Take care of yourself. Lots of love Aunt Karen

Lori Knepp said...

It was wonderful to share your special day with you and the family. Dad and I have always been very proud of you. You guys have done such a great job with Elliott. Don't forget to take care of yourself in your hectic schedule. I look forward to our day away at Glen Ivy Spa! Love Mom