Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Catching Up

A bunch of stuff has been going on behind the scenes around these parts that have made it difficult to post much lately, both because of time issues as well as energy issues. I could write pages and pages, but I just don't have it in me, so below is a random list of things, of all sorts, that are going on right now.

1. Elliott has started saying "hi". But he is very shy about it...and usually whispers it. (hee!)
2. He's finally getting his molars. One is all the way in, but three others are pushing there way out now...Sunday he was a mess, but at least we know why!
3. After 10 years (9.5 of which I have been there for), my office is moving! Not too far, just down the street, but it has meant a very busy couple of weeks while we have packed everything up. Monday I report to the new office for the first time to unpack and Tuesday it should be business as usual.
4. Jenny has hit the decompensation stage of her kidney disease. She's gradually been eating less and less, since she hasn't been feeling so hot. Last weekend we took her to the vet and ironed out a treatment plan we could (almost) afford and that made since to us (we just can't spend $1000 to hospitalize her for something that won't actually FIX her, just maybe give her some more time).
5. Part of the treatment plan has been for us to give her nightly subcutaneous 'injections' of saline. This has been truly an intimidating process, but we have finally found a grove and it now only takes us about 5 minutes to give her the treatment. Brad will always be my hero for being the one who puts the needle in.
6. Sadly, the brief improvement we saw at the beginning of the week, has slowly been slipping away. We are hoping that it will become obvious when she is ready for this all to be over.
7. Elliott spent his first night away from home!! I still can't believe that he is 'separate' from me now, but he is...and it is a good thing. :) Brad and I didn't do anything special (although it did give us some concentrated time to deal with Jenny's issues), but we did have a nice evening at home, watched a movie, and I was able to wake up on Sunday when I wanted...which was wonderful. I even got to have a cup of tea and read like I used to do pre-Elliott. Elliott had a great time as well. He got to play with my parents' kitties, explore their house, and he went to CostCo and ate samples (dude - he ate cheese! what the heck kid?). He also slept until 9:45...which until this morning was practically unheard of when I'm home.
8. By the way, you can't help but feel comfortable sending your son off for the first time when this is what you see when you leave:

9. Brad started summer school last week. He's taking an online C++ class, so luckily it won't affect our child care arrangements for the days.
10. I'm sure there's more. There's been so much in my head lately, that I've been meaning to get down, but just haven't. But this is all I can think of right now.

2 comments:

Shan said...

You definitely have a lot going on these days. Yay for some time to yourself! I cannot wait for the day I can wake up when I want (and then go back to sleep) - ha!

ps: You need to print and frame that picture! So cute! :)

Lori Knepp said...

I have no comment. A picture is worth a thousand words!!

Grandma