Elliott went to his 4 month check-up yesterday. He's a little off schedule because of the timing of his immunizations. Anyway, we weren't sure what to expect in the weight department. We knew he'd been growing, especially in length. But with weight its so hard to judge because you just get used to the way he is.
The official numbers however confirm that he is growing well and on target. He weighed 14.5 lbs and measured 24.75 inches (and I believe his head was 16.5 inches around). This put him about the 35 percentile all around. So he's catching up a bit (he was 25 percentile at 2 months) and apparently still well proportioned.
The doctor also put in some referrals so that Elliott can see a Urologist about his still-undescended testicle and a follow up ultrasound to see how his enlarged kidney is doing. At this point I'm mostly concerned about the testicle because that would require a procedure where they go in and for the lack of better words, pull it down and sew it in place. Ugh. I know this is something he will be happy we did when he is an adult and trying to have a family of his own, but, man, it makes me nerveous.
Finally, he had another round of immunizations. While he didn't seem to be affected in any way last time, this time was different. Today he was very, very fussy, ran a slight temperature (100.4) and was sore where they stuck him. Poor little man. I spend all evening just trying to make him happy...which was actually really nice for me, because today was a hard day. I already missed him a ton today and it was so hard to hear him cry through the phone and be helpless. He was in good hands with daddy, but it just isn't the same when you can't be there.
*We went to Jake's first birthday party on Saturday. It was so much fun to see Elliott so interested in the other kids. He was super excited to watch the older kids play and run around. I think a couple days a week at day care (come fall) will be really good for him, since he doesn't spend much time around other kids right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment