So one of the things that I've been wanting to do for a while is participate in a self portrait project like the one Shan's been doing for the last year. For hers, she is taking a self portrait of herself every day for a year. Its been so much fun to follow hers and I know it will be awesome to have that set of photos to look back on.
Now I love the idea behind this, but if I were to do it, I'd want to do it right like she has...i.e. truly take a self portrait every day...and honestly, I don't think I can commit to that right now. Also, to most of the self portrait project groups there is a significant social component, again something that I just can't commit to right now. I've already had to significant scale back the blogs I follow, so to take on something new just isn't practical for me right now. BUT, I still want to do something.
So I've devised the following photograph project: For each week of the next year, I'm going to take a self portrait, a photo of Elliott (this one will be hard ;) and an 'other' photo. I'm not going to join any particular official group, but just do this for myself. I already take a lot of photos, so this will be fun to add a little focused effort. Since this is the end of the first week of June, I thought I'd make this the first week. So without further ado, here are this week's contributions:
Me 52.1: Knitting, of Course
Elliott 52.1: Mr. Chill
Other 52.1: Orangey Roses



No comments:
Post a Comment