Saturday, November 13, 2010

LEGOLAND

Elliott and I returned from our fabulous trip to Montana last week and I am in the process of sorting and organizing photos...which I hope to get up here soon. BUT, to help fill the gap, I wanted to share with you some photos of our first trip to Legoland! One of my friends graciously offered to take us with their membership, so the whole day cost us on $5.50 in food (...and $45 in LEGOs, of course :P )

We didn't see the whole park, but struck to the parts that would be most interesting to a toddler, like Miniland! One of the newest series of models was a replica of the Las Vegas strip complete with New York, New York (the idea of which amuses me to no end...a model of a model...), Luxor, Treasure Island (pre-hoochying of the pirate show), and Excalibur.

I also loved the model of the Hollywood Bowl, since I recently saw it for the first time myself back in July.

And by far the best part was Duplo Village. Duplos are playing a significant role around our house these days and it was really fun to see Elliott play with life size versions of some of our own LEGOs.


Each little vignette also features places to actually play LEGOs like here in the kitchen. The bin below the sink was full of Duplo blocks and there were base plates anchored to the counter on top.

(p.s. these are the pants I made Elliott out of a pair of Brad's torn jeans.)

There was also a cute little train you could ride around a field of LEGO corn stalks, carrots and turnips. This was also one of the only rides Elliott was tall enough to ride on. (We also took the central boat ride.) He was only about an inch or so away from hitting the mother load. I have a feeling next time we go back, he will be able to do a LOT more!

(That's our friends getting out of the train in back - thanks again, Theresa!!)



Now whether or not I feel it is necessary to have a fake jail in Duplo Village (really?), it did make for a funny encounter with some of the older kids who saw Elliott standing in jail all by himself and decided to come over and 'taunt' him with "You are in JAIL. You are in JAIL."

And finally, here is a cute little video of Elliott driving a car...



(You can also hear him saying one of his favorite words right now: go!)

I'm super excited we had the opportunity to go and I could see how a membership would be beyond cool in about an inch or so :) I can't wait to go back!

No comments: