Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween 2010

Since we don't really live in a great tick-or-treating neighborhood, like last year, Halloween really focused around the annual Halloween potluck at my office. We had a great time and while I really did go into Halloween not intending to make us coordinating costumes like last year, I just couldn't help myself. So this year, I was Snow White and Elliott was one of her dwarfs...which one? That ended up being contingent on how well the costume went over ;) Fortunately for me, Elliott and everyone around us, it went over well!

I made most of my costume and put Elliott's together with regular clothes, then made his embellishments. The crafty, nerdy details can be found over on the craft blog here.

And while Auntie Meagan was very scary as Little Dead Riding Hood (as usual!), Elliott didn't seem to mind and sat right next to her during the potluck.

There was also the cutest Wonder Woman I have ever seen! (and yes, that's Uncle Kanji in the background in a pink house coat - see what happens when you don't dress up! ;)

Despite the initial threat of low participation this year, it had to be one of the best years yet! Nearly everyone participated and the costumes were funny, creative and a lot of fun.


Hope you all had a great Halloween as well! ...I'm already thinking about next year!

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Shan said...

I LOVE your costumes so much and they turned out so well! You both look great!

Max said...

That is great! Elliott looks so cute.

Aunt Karen said...

Hi Snow White and Cutie, perhaps the 8th dwarf. You are a great Snow White. So funny you put the beard around Cutie's neck. I also loved Little Dead Riding Hood. thanks for the pictures. Auntie Karen Look forward to seeing you soon.