We had a small party in honor of Elliott's first birthday on Saturday. In addition to my parents and us, Brad's parents flew into town to help us celebrate and our friends drove down from L.A. I would say overall Elliott had a good time despite a few more 'sensitive' moments (he is going through a loud noise = scary phase), so its good it was a relatively small party.
Elliott seemed intrigued by his presents...but didn't end up opening them. (Can I tell you how wrong it feels to open someone else's birthday presents? Hopefully I won't have to do that again!)
Fortunately he seemed to enjoy his gifts. He got big-boy presents (for the bath tub as well as new bowls and spoons), some new books, lots of clothes and some great toys.
Elliott got dressed up in his big-boy clothes, did lots of cruising and even managed a couple steps here and there.
And later that night, Brad and I took a moment to celebrate his birthday at his actual birth time. Fortunately its easy to remember!
Its hard to believe its been a year and yet I can hardly remember life without Elliott. He has brought our lives more joy than I could have ever imagined. He is an amazing boy and I'm looking forward to all the changes the next year(s) will bring!
5 comments:
He'll be ripping through wrapping paper in no time!
Congrats to you and Brad for making it through the first year!!
Hard to imagine . . . But where's the photo of him smooshing cake in his face?
Birthday Party was such fun. He definitely looked grown up in his "Big Boy" clothes. Congratulations to you all. What a great little family. I'll never forget the call about 10:00 pm last year when he was an hour old, and you saying "Can you hear him?" I'll always remember that moment. Mom
Hi Elliott, you are really walking now. It is so much fun to see what you are doing. I am having a great time with little Max in Portland. Max is 7 months and just sitting up by himself so he has a way to go before he is walking. Hope to see you very soon. Aunt Karen
We had such a great time with everyone on Elliott's birthday! Thanks for everything. He is the cutest of them all! Love, Grandpa L & Grandma M
Post a Comment