
In honor of his approaching birthday, we will be having a little contest here at the blog. All month long, any comment to any February 2010 post will earn you a chance to win a quilt made by me (which I am making as we speak, so I hope you like it!). Basically, if you comment on four eligible posts, you get your name in the pot four times. (Sorry, Krista, only one entry per post ;) But you can certainly comment on every eligible post!
In fact, what we are hoping is that after a month, some of you will be a bit less shy to comment. We (I) LOVE comments. We love to hear from you and know that there are more of you out there who read the blog than comment. Now, I'm the first person to admit, I certainly don't/can't comment on every post for every blog I read, and we certainly don't want you to feel you have to comment. BUT, we want everyone to feel comfortable commenting when you do!
I also know not everyone is able to read the blog as a 'daily read' and that some of you check in periodically, so keeping the contest open all month will allow more occational readers to get in on the action as well. Remember: the only rule is that the comment (to any eligible February 2010 post) is made during the month of February.
ETA: I DECIDED TO LET THE ELIGIBLE COMMENTING PERIOD RUN UNTIL MARCH 7TH. I HAVE SOME POSTS PLANNED FOR THE LAST WEEKEND OF FEBRUARY AND WANT TO GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE TO READ THEM. THE ELIGIBLE POSTS WILL STILL NEED TO BE FROM FEBRUARY, YOU WILL JUST HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS.
Now some of you may not know about comments and for those of you who do, things are going to be a little different around here. On the technical side, the service provider who used to host our comments is going belly-up. I've been able to download and save all of your old comments and some day I hope to upload them back to the blog (once someone writes the software to do it!). Blogger will be hosting the comments from now on and frankly it might appear a little confusing the first time you use it. But it IS easy! When you want to leave a comment, click on the comment link below each post. Then:
1. Type your comment in the box.
2. Under 'Choose an Identity', click 'Name/URL'.
4. Type your name (ignore the URL box).
5. Click 'Publish Your Comment'.
And you are done! Easy-peasy and no special login required! You can obviously always use one from the available list, but you don't have to. And if you ever forget, I posted a little reminder in the side bar at the right.
Any questions? Please let me know, otherwise...let the games begin!
10 comments:
Yay, birthday month! :) I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!
testing
Now it works, but my joke didn't show up.
I had made several comments just to say, "Why only one comment per post?"
It was a pain to do, so I won't be doing it again, especially now that the password verification is on. I may apparently have way too much time on my hands, but even I have standards.
Happy early birthday Elliott!!
I'm bummed I'm missing out on Elliott's bday :( I'll take mommy and son out for a bday lunch soon!
I can't wait for tomorrow! Tell Elliott to be ready for lots of birthday hugs and kisses! See you tomorrow night.
Looking forward to Saturday. Can't believe he is one year old, and yet sometimes he seems so grown up, he could be older. Will you make a special cupcake for him?
Love and Happy Birthday to Elliott.
Mom
We had such a great time with everyone on Elliott's birthday! Thanks for everything. He is the cutest of them all! Love, Grandpa L & Grandma M
I can't quit smiling! He is adorable! Thanks for posting his walking on your blog. :) Grandma M
Brad also was under the weight charts for his age. I can't help coming home each night to see what Elliott's up to today! Thanks.
Post a Comment