This post is eligible for the February Birthday Comment Contest.
Last we spoke about Elliott's surgery, we were expecting it to be scheduled sometime at the beginning of January. Well, when there is only one Peds Urologist specialist, sometimes things take a bit longer...which didn't end up surprising me at all.
However, the time has come and Elliott is scheduled for surgery next Thursday. Gulp. I know it will all go well, its a very routine procedure, and I know he won't be hindered in the least (the kid is such a trooper!), but its starting to make me feel yucky every time I think about it. Its especially strange, because I've never had surgery so I don't have any personal experiences to draw from. And the unknown is usually what I'm more fearful of than anything else.
So yeah, that's where we are at. Please wish a Mama strength to get through the next week. It will be nice to have this over and done with so very soon!
5 comments:
I totally get the fear of the unknown. I'm with you on that. A friend of mine recently went through the scare of appendicitis with her 3-year-old. Definitely not routine, even if it's a procedure done all the time. The little girl came out of it great, though, and within days, you'd have never known it had happened. Kids bounce back so fast. He'll be fine, and you'll all be relieved to have it over with.
I will be sending positive vibes across the ocean to you guys, though.
Toddlers are very resilient when it comes to bouncing back from surgery. He won't even remember it. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you. Grandpa L & Grandma M
I'll be thinking of you all. As someone who has had more than one surgery (o hai, I'm so used to thinking only about my foot, I almost didn't count the c-section!) E will be just fine. And I know it'll be such a relief to have it over with! If Mama needs more pep talks, you know where to find me. :)
Elliott will come through with flying colors. These things are always harder on mom and dad. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and I will be there on Thursday for support. Maybe we can do some yoga together and some deep breathing. Keep positive vibrations going.
We are thinking of you today and know that everything will be fine.
Post a Comment