One of the things Elliott has really been lacking his first year is interaction with other kids. Now granted, I know he wasn't really capable of interacting with kids during most of that time, but he has almost always been curious about kids and he instinctively knows when someone out in the world is a kid versus an adult. My friend and her son are in a similar boat and we decided that it was time we gave our boys a chance to be around other kids. (Plus they really have the most awesomest of play rooms!)
We had our first play date last Monday and I would call it a success. They did spend a significant portion of their time taking things away from each other, but towards the end they seemed to be interacting with each other more and were *almost* playing together.
3 comments:
Should I be jealous that his kitchen looks better equipped than mine?
This is such a great experience. And the fact that the pots and pans make the sounds they are supposed to make - like boiling and frying - is awesome. It's nice they have the space to accommodate it.
Elliott looks like he was having a blast - both with his new playthings and his new friend. I'll bet it was fun for mom, too.
It was so great having you guys over! Can't wait to do it again.
Post a Comment